background

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Wreath!

I have been working on this for a long time...really a long time. I kinda stopped because I think in the end I made it too big b/c being dutch I didnt want to waste the spray foam in making the wreath itself..But I like it, and it pops on my newly painted black front door!

Because I wanted a square wreath, I took a square piece of cardboard, cut my wreath size and sprayed spray foam on it for a bit of definition. Looking back now...It was a bit too big..Oh well lesson learned...it still looks good...just more work to cover!


So here is the front..spray foamed

I cut strips of burlap, folded them over a rolled, glued and even sewed them up to look like rosettes. I also rolled to wreath itself in strips of the burlap to cover the ugly spray foam

Almost done!



Here it is..finally finished with a nice bright D on it. Not sure I love the D yet...but needed some colour to punch it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment