background

Monday, November 7, 2011

My new to me Table


So our neighbours down the road were getting rid of a few items..and mentioned that had this old table. It was nothing pretty ( her words not mine!) but our current table downstairs was getting somewhat annoying to use. It was a pedestal style table and when an kid (or adult) leaned on table even slightly........the coffees were a flying! So I figure I would take it and see how I could transform their table to brighten my room ( and keep coffee in the mug!)



Sorry for including the ladder, small space to work in and had to share with my painting hubby!

So I first put 2 coats of primer on so that the colour would be bright! And then on to 2 coats of colour (P.S. as a side note after the first colour coat, I had a back spasm and I do have to give credit to my hubby who did the 2nd coat and brought it down to the basement!)

We added some nice glass knobs for the pretty effect and Voila!! A new table with a lotta colour to brighten up my grayish basement!




1 comment:

  1. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL CAROLYN! What else are they getting rid of!~

    ReplyDelete