background

Saturday, April 23, 2011

DIY Footstool

I had originally found my glider for the baby room on Kijiji for $40.00. Now the material wasn't the nicest but I figured I could recover it ( which I did!) but it didn't come with a footstool, which would have been SOOO nice to have at the beginning when I was breastfeeding. Anyways...after keeping my eyes open for various options, I snagged this table at a garage sale for $5.00!! It was just a pine colour, so I sprayed her up in a nice clean white!! ( I forgot to take a picture of the table before, sorry!!)

Then I went to Walmart and picked up a piece of foam...what...24x16 inches??? Perfect...that happened to be the dimensions of the top of the table...no cutting.



I added on some batting from making quilts to soften all the edges where I would pull the material, and I had the perfectly sized piece of material left from the chair to put on the top. Out comes the heavy duty stapler, I folded over the material so it would have a nice clean edge.


And Voila!....a nice footrest...or even a bench when all the babies are done their rockin'!



No comments:

Post a Comment